Siemens NX CAM
Complete computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software solutions for machine tool programming, postprocessing and machining simulation. NX™ delivers proven capabilities for manufacturing in a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, medical, mold and die, and machinery.
Reduce Programming Time by More Than 90%
NX CAM can improve your manucturing productivity with the latest NC programming automation technologies. With feature-based machining (FBM), you can reduce programming time by as much as 90 percent. Flexible, reusable templates enable you to apply pre-defined, rules-driven processes to standardize and speed your programming tasks.
Many Manufacturing Tasks, One System
Use NX CAM independently (Stand Alone) as well as a fully integrated NX solution. The flexibility of NX CAM means that you can easily complete the most demanding jobs. From simple NC programming to high-speed and multi-axis machining, NX CAM provides the flexibility to handle a wide variety of manufacturing, from 2.5 axis machining to turbomachinery milling.
Eliminates the Need for Separate Simulation Packages
A tightly integrated postprocessing system enables you to easily generate the required NC code for almost any type of machine tool and controller configuration. Simulation capabilities range from basic tool path verification to G-code-driven machine tool simulation.
Advanced Integration for Advanced PLM
Integration with Siemens NX CAD provides a full operational solution, including everything from modeling new parts and preparing part models for CAM, to creating setup drawings directly from 3D model data. Connecting NX CAM to Teamcenter software allows for full data and process management. 3D part models, setup sheets, tool lists and CNC output files can be easily managed with full revision control.
This integration ensures that the right data, including correct tooling, and right NC programs are deployed, resulting in reduced delays and costs.
- 2.5-, 3- and 5-axis milling -provides the ultimate in flexibility for machining parts of varying complexity.
- High-speed machining – reduces machining time by ensuring that cutting tools consistently perform at their maximum material removal rates.
- Wire EDM – wide range of electrical discharge machining (EDM) operations including multi-pass profiling, wire reversing and area removal.
- Turning Software Modulte – quickly program simple parts on your CNC lathe machine, but still tackle your toughest geometry in multi-spindle, multi-turret applications.
- Programming for Industrial Machinery and Heavy Equipment – combines familiar CAD/CAM, programming automation and integrated machine tool simulation capabilities with automated, context-specific functions to simplify the creation of smart tool paths for prismatic parts.
- Multi-Function Machine Tool Support – a complete range of capabilities for programming the latest mill-turn machines. You can use any combination of turning, 3-axis milling, 3+2 positional milling and full 5-axis milling.
- Turbomachinery Milling – Advanced operations specifically designed to produce smart toolpaths for blisks and impellers.