CAM Logic’s Commitment to World Class Training
At Cam Logic, we are more than a reseller of CAD/CAM software applications. As a company, CAM Logic not only provides software but is strongly committed to providing the knowledge necessary to maximize your company’s productivity and return on investment. The training CAM Logic provides is a key element in enhancing employee performance, to maximize return on investment.
Our state-of-the-art facility affords students a low student to instructor ratio, hands-on learning, and real world applications. Courses include Solid Edge Fundamentals, Solid Edge Assembly, GibbsCAM Process-Specific Training and more. And as part of our continuing commitment to providing a world-class learning environment, CAM Logic recently purchased new Dell workstations.
All Training Courses are taught by SETA Certified Application Engineers.
Our instructors teach you how to capitalize on your software by demonstrating how the actual software (not a demo) is used in real-world applications. Students gain a greater understanding of their current office automation stature in order to ensure optimum product operation and make quick improvements in the individual and company productivity. The overall result is enhanced performance giving your company greater Return on Investment.
CAM Logic, Inc. is here to help you solve your CAD/CAM problems and master such skills required in today's competitive market environment. Through strong partnerships and certifications with recognized vendors, we are able to consistently offer the latest courses to keep individuals and businesses ahead of technological trends. All courses are designed to meet your company’s individual needs while covering topics that enable you to quickly save time and money. Whether you're an Engineer, Designer, Administrator, or Programmer you'll find a course that gives you the skills needed to maximize your return on investments.
As a company, CAM Logic provides state-of-the-art software and hardware in addition to the knowledge necessary to maximize productivity and return on investment.
The education department’s goal is to provide convenient, cost-effective training to ensure that students receive comprehensive knowledge enabling their success. We want our students to become and stay competent in current computer technology and to take full advantage of computer functionality. CAM Logic instructors teach you how to capitalize on your Solid Edge software to make quick improvements in productivity. The overall result is enhanced performance, giving your company greater Return on Investment.
CAM Logic maintains the philosophy that customers should enjoy exceptional technical quality standards from CAM Logic and its vendors. By offering free and well as paid training in our facility, we are able to market vendor services and products that we as a company use and provide, in the most competitive and receptive manner.
The overall experience that our students have during training reflects on CAM Logic, its vendors and the products offered by both.
Over the past two years, CAM Logic has provided training to over 400 students representing over 100 companies. CAM Logic courses are done on a regular basis to maintain market share in a competitive and evolving environment. During the 2003 first quarter, CAM Logic’s training facility hosted employees of over 50 companies including: Delphi, Pratt & Miller, Morbark, Sweepster and Daimler Chrysler.
We anticipate that our lab to be exposed to approximately 1000 students comprising 200 to 400 companies over the course of the upcoming year.
Why Do My Employees Need Training?
The biggest impacts on mechanical CAD/CAM ROI (Return On Investment) are the learning curve and increased productivity; both are directly affected by quality training.
Some Things to Consider:
- Untrained users take up to six times longer to perform the same tasks as trained employees.
- Training enhances employee retention. A Louis Harris and Associate Poll says that among employees who say their company offers poor or no training, 41% plan to leave within a year. Of those who say their company offers excellent training, only 12% say they plan to leave.
- Studies show that in-house training costs 73% more than outsourced training.
- A four-year study by the American Society of Training and Development shows that firms who invest $1500 per employee in training compared to those that spend $125, experience on average: 24% higher gross profit margins and 218% higher income per employee!
- Just a 2% increase in productivity has been shown to net a 100% return on investment in outsourced, instructor-lead training.
Some Student Quotes:
- “This course is a must for users.” Gary McMichael, Cole Carbide
- “Thanks for your time and input. I feel like I can use Solid Edge more productively after this class.” Richard Weinandy, Advanced Cold Forming, LLC
- “I will be recommending this course to other Kettering University instructors.” Paul Zang, Kettering University