The CAM Manufacturing Fundamentals course is designed to expedite the student learning experience in the generation of tool paths for 2 and 3-axis milling and drilling applications. This class reinforces CAM Logic’s intimate knowledge of software’s developments and instructs the students based on the underlying principles incorporated within the NX product suite.
This course is suited for manufacturing engineers, CAD/CAM managers, NC/CNC programmers, and CAM Express users.
(Must complete at least one of the following)
- NC CAD Basic Processes (Bundle and save $600)
- Successful completion of the NX Basics Advisor in Learning Advantage (score >70%).
- Introduction and Overview
- Part analysis for manufacturing
- User Interface
- Operation Navigator
- Machine Coordinate System
- Post Processing/Shop Documentation
- Planar/Cavity Milling
- Fixed Contour Area Milling
- Face Milling
- Text Engraving
- Introduction and overview of the interface
- Looking at the analysis of the model, machine setup, and initial roughing operations
- Create tools and visualize machine output
- Creating machine output and shop documentation
- Review specialized toolpaths for finishing strategies
- Look at toolpaths for hole-making and engraving