Advanced engineering simulation software that creates finite element analysis models of complex engineering products and systems, and displays solution results. Femap™ can virtually model components, assemblies or systems and determine the behavioral response for a given operating environment.
- Predict and improve product performance and reliability
- Reduce time-consuming and costly physical prototyping and testing
- Evaluate different designs and materials
- Optimize your designs and reduce material usage
- CAD Independent – Can access geometry data from all major CAD systems including CATIA, Pro/Engineer, NX, Solid Edge, SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Finite Element Modeling – The full finite element model with underlying data is available, allowing you to view, create or modify entities directly.
- Finite Element Meshing – Full control over all mesh generation parameters including mesh sizing, meshing of small features, growth factors, short edge suppression, etc.
- full control over all mesh generation parameters including mesh sizing, meshing of small features, growth factors, short edge suppression, etc.
- Assembly Modeling – Supports automatic contact detection, spot-weld, fastener elements, and bolted joints with optional pre-loading.
- Beam Modeling – models represented by one-dimensional elements with associated properties. View these elements as solid components with offsets, full beam visualization and results display, and shear and bending moment diagrams.
- Composite Modeling – Model and postprocess results on composite structures, update laminate properties interactively and postprocess composite laminate results.
- Solver Neutral – Pre- and postprocessing for most commercial solvers on the market.
- Postprocessing – A wealth of visualization capabilities to help view and interpret results.
- Customizable – Access to all Femap functions through an OLE/COM object-oriented Application Programming Interface (API)