OmniCad® features cutting edge die surface design and morphing technology. Featuring OmniMesh & Free Form Transformer, OmniCad helps companies make critical die adjustments by manipulating complex surfaces while maintaining critical product characteristics.
Free Form Transformer:
Free Form Transformer has the ability to morph and update existing geometry while quickly visualizing their impact.
- Point to Point Morphing - Surfaces are morphed by imposing points "A" on surfaces to coincide with points "B" outside while respecting surface quality and tangency relationship with adjacent surfaces
- Curve to Curve Morphing - Surfaces are morphed using Start and End Curves as reference. Either complete Surfaces or portions of Surfaces can be transformed.
- Surface to Surface Morphing - Construct a Reference Surface (brown) for the Complex Surface (grey). Construct modified Reference Surface with desired angular twist to be imposed on the Complex Surface(s). Automatically generate morphed Complex Surface (red).
- Spine Morphing –Impose very fine control over shape morphing operation by rotating terminal surfaces by varying amounts while maintaining surface curvature characteristics.
- Selective & Order Free Morphing - Easily identify areas to be morphed and not morphed. Order of morphing is not pre-determined. It is completely flexible and can be done in any order.
- Class A or Surfaces Morphing - Morph aesthetic surfaces while respecting quality characteristics of Original Surface. G0 to G4 curvature continuity is automatically maintained.
- Change Propagation - Changes made to Original Model after it was morphed, can be automatically propagated to the original morphed model to generate the new morphed model.
- Closed Mold Condition Avoidance using Morphing - Morph surfaces along mold parting lines to prevent closed mold condition. Reduces days’ worth of manual work to minutes.
- Morphing for Electro Erosion Tool Creation - Morphing provides a convenient approach for quickly creating the tool matching the mold profil
Other than being a fully automated system, the Mesh Transformer Module has two characteristics of paramount importance:
- The transformed surfaces have the same quality of the original surface
- The quality of the resulting surfaces does not relate with the quality of the input meshes
The OmniCAD Analysis Tools helps track down what's going on during the transformation, and to keep full control on the results.
- Analysis or Scan Mesh Morphing – Transform the Original Surface and generate a new Morphed Surface that captures the deviations seen in the Deformed or Scan Mesh.
- Warpage Compensation – Automatically morph the part or mold surface geometry to build windage in for molded parts and account warpage.
- Sheet Metal Springback Compensation – Automatically compensate Die Surfaces, different percentage amounts as necessary to account for springback.
- Selective Morphing – Area inside the Profile is considered for Morphing. Area outside the Profile Area is kept fixed during Morphing.
- Stress Reduction – Turbine Blades morphed to reduce stress and/or meet other product life-cycle needs lead to more efficient, longer lasting, and commercially viable smaller blades for applications such as Wind and Tidal Generators.
- Custom Medical Implants Morphing – Inside surface of Medical Implants morphed to match scan of bone slice with high degree of tolerance, while maintaining required geometry for NC-machining
Die Surface Designer:
Die Surface Design Module for automatic creation of addendum surface sequence of steps
- Automatic balance of the piece
- Automatic drawing of binder,copying the shape of the piece surface,at the required distance.
- Positioning of molded guide sections, with parameters setting.
- Automatic molding of wrappers die, by simple indication of guidelines.
- Hole Fill and Extend – Automatically close small and large holes on a part surface. Also, extend surfaces tangent to part for smoother definition of the Hole Fills.
- Rapid & Accurate Binder Creation – Rapidly create accurate and high quality Binder Surfaces. Easily modify Binder surfaces to adapt to part shape or independent shapes.
- Addendum Creation – Create Fast and Accurate Addendums from the Part and adapt it to the Binder. User controls types of Addendum Wall sections.
- Overdraw – Automatically create surfaces that maintain “length of line” conditions for Overdraw conditions.
- Flange Unfolding – Automatically unfold flanges while taking into consideration material thickness and natural surface ratio. Do it efficiently while saving time and avoiding errors.
- Radius Reduction – Identify all types of surfaces (including B-surfaces) within a certain radius range and automatically reduce radius by a certain percentage or to a specific value.
- Identify & Resolve Undercut Areas – Once the degree of undercut in a particular area has been identified, then it can be easily fixed using Spine Transformation.
- Trim Blade Creation – Identify points on portion of Addendum Surface close to trim line that have to be moved up or down to create Cutting Blade Profile. Addendum Surface morphed to create blade with same profile, except in Z direction.
The technology has applications across various industrial segments, such as Sheet Metal, Styling, Plastics, Aerospace, Consumer Goods, and Medical Prosthetic Devices.