This Advanced Processes course builds on the tools deployed as a result of attending the NX CAD Fundamental Workflows course. The real-world experience of our instructors aids students in transferring knowledge gained through this single course to their job resulting in faster time to productivity.
This course is for designers, engineers, and CAD/CAM managers who need to create parametric solid models that capture design intent.
Expectations and Goals
- Apply advanced sketch constraints to capture design intent
- Use basic surfacing techniques to build parts
- Develop models to support manufacturing processes
- Translate and modify non-parametric modeldata
- Use top-down assembly modeling techniques to establish interpart relationships
- Build assembly configurations using arrangements
CAD Fundamental Processes course or successful completion of Designing parts in NX Advisor on Learning Advantage (score >70%).
|Monday||Modeling basic parts using surfacing techniques; Controlling design intent using conditional formulas|
|Adding advanced features to molded and cast parts|
|Tuesday||Starting a model using imported CAD data; Building parts with duplicate geometry|
|Displaying and analyzing assembly structures|
|Wednesday||Modeling parts in the context of an assembly; Linking geometry between related component parts|
|Creating expression links between parts|
|Thursday||Preparing models for down-stream manufacturing processes; Duplicating components using patterns|
|Working with and defining reusable part data|
|Friday||Cloning assembly structures; Editing and revising assembly structures; Configuring an assembly using arrangements|